J. Edward Kennedy, D.M.D., M.S.
Meet Dr. Kennedy | Board-Certified Periodontist and Dental Implant Surgeon in Lake Mary FL
Orlando native J. Edward Kennedy, D.M.D., M.S., a Board-certified Periodontist and Dental Implant Surgeon, founded Kennedy Periodontics and Implant Dentistry in 2001. He earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from Charleston’s Medical University of South Carolina and a B.S. in Biology from Furman University. He received his Master of Science degree in Oral Biology and his post-graduate degree in Periodontics and Implant Dentistry from the University of Kentucky/ Chandler Medical Center in Lexington. Prior to his three-year periodontics residency, he completed a Fellowship in Prosthodontics at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, where he also served as adjunct faculty in the Department of Prosthodontics.
Dr. Kennedy is a Board-certified Periodontist and a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and Dental Implant Surgery.
- Central Florida’s Orlando Magazines Top Periodontists 2008-2021
Get the best periodontal and dental implants services!
Our goal is to provide patients with the highest quality dental care!
Call (407) 833-8522 with any questions or
- 2017-2019 ALPHA Anesthesia, Advanced Anesthesia, Levels I-IV
- 2017 Master in the College of Sedation, College of Sedation in Dentistry
- 2016 Millenium Dental Laser Academy Certification
- 2006 Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and Dental Implant Surgery Board Certifications
- 1997-2000 Certificate in Periodontics and Dental Implant Surgery, University of Kentucky, Lexington KY
- 1997-2000 Post-doctoral Master of Science, University of Kentucky, Lexington KY
- 1996-1997 Fellowship Certificate in Prosthodontics University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- 1996-1997 Adjunct Faculty Appointment, Department of Prosthodontics University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- 1995-1996 Certificate of Advanced Education in General Dentistry University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- 1991-1995 D.M.D., The Medical University of South Carolina Charleston, S.C.
- 1982-1986 B.S. Biology, Furman University Greenville, S.C.
Leadership Positions and Organizations
- 2017-current Florida Dental Association, Membership Chair
- 2017-current SPEAR Director SPEAR Master Program
- 2016 Central District Dental Association, Membership Chair
- 2015 International College of Dentists, SILVER SCROLL, Editor Journalism Award. North America
- 2014 International College of Dentists, SILVER SCROLL, Editor Journalism Award, North America
- 2012-current Central District Dental Association Delegate
- 2009 -current Dental Society of Greater Orlando, Board Member, Dental Society of Greater Orlando, DSGO Editor
- 2009-current Founder of the Central Florida Interdisciplinary Dentistry Study Club (Spear Study Clubs)
- 2007-2009 Membership Committee, Dental Society of Greater Orlando
- 1994-1995 ASDA National Consultant for Membership and Marketing Services
ADA National Student Liaison for Student Insurance
ADA National Student Liaison for Membership and Marketing
- 1993-1994 ASDA President (Student Council President) Medical University of South Carolina
- 2018-current Director, Seattle Study Club
- 2016-current Director SPEAR Masters Program
- 2009-current Director, Central Florida Interdisciplinary Study Clubs, (SPEAR)
- 2000-2003 Faculty – part-time AEGD Apopka Clinic, University of Central Florida College of Dentistry
- 1997-2000 Adjunct Faculty Appointment, Department of Periodontics, Univ. of Kentucky Clinic coverage, Junior and Senior clerkships
- 1996-1997 Adjunct Faculty Appointment, Department of Prosthodontics, Univ. of Iowa Pre-clinical Instructor Fixed Prosthodontics, Removable Prosthodontics
- 1995-1996 AEGD Resident, Department of Family Dentistry, University of Iowa Clinical Coverage, Senior Family Dentistry Clinics
- American Society of Dental Anesthesiology
- Spear Study Clubs and Education, SPEAR Masters Program
- Seattle Study Club
- Academy of Periodontology
- Southern Academy of Periodontology
- Florida Association of Periodontists
- SPEAR Director Central Florida Interdiciplinary Study Clubs
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- Central District Dental Association
- Greater Orlando Dental Society
- Sigma Chi International Fraternity