J. Edward Kennedy, D.M.D., M.S.
Meet Dr. Kennedy | Board-Certified Top Periodontist in Lake Mary FL
Orlando native J. Edward Kennedy, D.M.D., M.S., a board-certified periodontist, founded J. Edward Kennedy Periodontics and Implant Dentistry in 2001. He earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from Charleston’s Medical University of South Carolina and a B.S. in Biology from Furman University. He received his Master of Science degree in Oral Biology and his post-graduate degree in periodontics from the University of Kentucky in Lexington. Prior to his three-year periodontics residency, he completed a fellowship in prosthodontics at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, where he also served as adjunct faculty in the Department of Prosthodontics.
Dr. Kennedy is a board-certified periodontist and a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. He is an active member of
- the American Dental Association,
- Florida Dental Association,
- Greater Orlando Dental Society,
- Central District Dental Society,
- Academy of Periodontology, and
- Florida Association of Periodontists.
Get the best periodontal and dental implants services!
Our goal is to provide patients with the highest quality dental care!
Call (407) 833-8522 with any questions or
- 2006 Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology
- 1997-2000 Certificate in Periodontics/Master of Science awarded 2000 University of Kentucky, Lexington KY
- 1996-1997 Fellowship Certificate in Prosthodontics University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- 1996-1997 Adjunct Faculty Appointment, Department of Prosthodontics University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- 1995-1996 Certificate of Advanced Education in General Dentistry University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
- 1991-1995 D.M.D., The Medical University of South Carolina Charleston, S.C.
- 1982-1986 B.S. Biology, Furman University Greenville, S.C.
- 2009-Current Director, Central Florida Interdisciplinary Study Club, (SPEAR)
- 2000-2003 Faculty – part-time AEGD Apopka Clinic, University of Central Florida College of Dentistry
- 1997-2000 Adjunct Faculty Appointment, Department of Periodontics, Univ. of Kentucky Freshman and sophomore preclinical lab and lecture, Clinic coverage, Junior and Senior clerkships
- 1996-1997 Adjunct Faculty Appointment, Department of Prosthodontics, Univ. of Iowa Pre-clinical Instructor Fixed Prosthodontics, Removable Prosthodontics
- 1995-1996 AEGD Resident, Department of Family Dentistry, University of Iowa Clinical Coverage, Senior Family Dentistry Clinics
- Academy of Periodontology
- Sigma Chi International Fraternity
- Southern Academy of Periodontology
- Psi Omega Dental Fraternity
- Mid-Florida Dental Study Club
- American Association of Dental Research
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- Greater Orlando Dental Society
- Central Florida Dental Implant Study Club
- Central Florida Interdisciplinary Study Club (SPEAR)
- Mid-Florida Dental Study Club
Leadership Positions and Organizations
- 2009 -current Dental Society of Greater Orlando, Board Member & Dental Society of Greater Orlando, DSGO Editor
- 2009-current Founder of the Central Florida Interdisciplinary Dentistry Study Club (Spear Study Club)
- 2007-2009 Membership Committee, Greater Orlando Dental Society
- 2007 Dentist Day on the Hill
- 1994-1995 ASDA National Consultant for Membership and Marketing Services
ADA National Student Liaison for Student Insurance
ADA National Student Liaison for Membership and Marketing
- 1993-1994 ASDA President (Student Council President) Medical Univ. of South Carolina